Sunday, May 30, 2010

Love One Another

It's been a bad week.

No, I mean really bad.

Bad to the point that I showed up to Primary with pretty much the same stuff I had from last week, including the granola bar wrapper in the bottom of the bag.

Normally on the last Sunday we play a game to review all of the songs. That wasn't going to happen today, since I have spent two weeks entertaining a baby in a cast.

So, I taught the children "Love One Another" with the sign language.

It was perfect.
They loved it. It was amazing to watch the children try and do the hand motions and also how fast they learned. Then we "zipped" our lips and "sang" our song without words, just humming the tune.

You can teach any song that way. If there is someone in your ward who knows sign language, you can utilize them or you can go to lds.org and watch the video presentation and teach yourself. I've done that several times.

Go to lds.org and click on Gospel Library. Then go to Music and then Music again. Then Other Music and Children's Songbook. It has the video of the songs in sign language.

I try to do at least one song in sign language every year.

I bore my testimony about how we can bear our testimonies by using our hands as words and our voices and even people who cannot hear can understand that we know the church is true.
I love it when a last minute inspiration comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment