Sunday, May 23, 2010

Helping Children Recognize the Spirit

A few weeks ago I attended our Stake Primary Leadership Meeting. It was amazing, as always. The leaders are so inspired and I found myself taking notes to remind myself how to be a better song leader and primary worker.
One of the things they discussed was how to help the children recognize the spirit. As a song leader, I try hard to bear my testimony at the end of singing time to help wrap up the time and bring the spirit in, but I decided to try it during singing time.
I asked Heavenly Father for guidance in helping me be able to invite the spirit through music.
Today we were doing a review of "I Know My Savior Loves Me" in Junior Singing time. I told them to sing their testimonies during the chorus. Their little voices brought me to tears and I could not finish singing the song. I told them that when I feel the spirit, I cry. I told them that the happy tingling feeling or the warm feeling they had was the spirit. Of course, when I bore my testimony at the end, I reminded them of that feeling and the emotions I had.
During Senior Primary, it was a different experience. They are amazing singers. I told them after we sang "Beautiful Savior" that I was feeling the spirit. I told them if they were feeling something that it was the spirit. When I bore my testimony, I began to cry and told them that was the spirit.
I hope it worked. I know I felt the spirit today. My primary children are amazing! How blessed I am to be the song leader and to have this calling!

1 comment:

  1. That is what it's all about. Thanks for your example Jenna

    ReplyDelete