Thursday, February 21, 2013

I KNOW THAT MY SAVIOR LOVES ME

Once again, I have been blessed with an amazing spiritual experience with the primary music.  I was asked to be in charge of the Roadshow for our ward.  If you have never been in a roadshow or do not know what one is, it is basically a 15 minute musical production - like a mini broadway show.  Depending on the director and the creativity, it can get pretty involved.  Well, if you know me, then you know it is involved.
Right in the midst of this, I got a call from Brother Gibb asking me to have the primary children sing in church....the day after roadshow.  I, of course, accepted.  I know the kids can do it.  I just didn't know what song we would sing.  I figured we could choose one they all knew, like "The Church of Jesus Christ."
Once again, guided by the spirit, the song, "I know that my Savior Loves Me" came to my mind.  We had done it with sign language a few years ago.  I knew instantly that this was the song.  Ironically enough, the song for the month is "My Heavenly Father Loves Me."  This month I have been able to testify to the children that not only does their Heavenly Father love them, but also their older brother, Jesus Christ.  The words, the music and adding the sign language have made it a complete package...a beautiful testimony that the children will bear on Sunday.
I am so grateful for these experiences that bring me closer to my Savior.  I am also grateful that I can express with my hands the words to the song when the words get caught in my throat because the spirit is so strong.  Those little voices get me every time.  They bring the spirit in and I am overwhelmed.  I am so blessed to still have this calling.  I am so blessed to have the promptings and I am grateful I followed them and have been able to learn and grow from this experience.  I know that my Savior loves  me.  I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment