Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Child's Prayer

Instead of practicing ONLY the songs for the primary program at nauseam, I try and add some other ones to break it up a little bit.  So, for September, I had the kids practice "A Child's Prayer." (CS12)
We have had a lot of children move out and some move in this summer, so when we sang it, it was pretty sad.  The next week, I had the substitute practice the song with them.
During this time, I was also asked to have the primary children sing in sacrament meeting.  It was going to be the last week in September. Because I have been so busy, I hadn't made time to figure out what we were going to sing.  I was thinking an easy song they all knew like "I am a Child of God."
So, the next Sunday, the primary pianist told me that the kids did a pretty good job on "A Child's Prayer" last week.  So, I decided to sing it first.
The first few words brought the spirit in so strongly that I could not contain my tears.  Those little voices singing about talking to our Heavenly Father was almost more than I could take in.  I cried the entire song.  I knew that it was the song we were supposed to sing the next week.
I had no idea what the talks were about.  I didn't even ask.  I emailed the music chairman to change the song.
I know Heavenly Father is aware of everything.  The subject given to the speakers was appropriate for the song, but each speaker spoke specifically about prayer and prayers being answered and knowing that their Heavenly Father answered them.
As the children sang, once again I was brought to tears.  How grateful I am for the spirit that I felt.  I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and he hears and answers my prayers.
I bore my testimony to the children after sacrament meeting.  I testified that their Heavenly Father listens to their prayers and their voices brought the spirit into the meeting.
I love my calling!  I know I say that a lot, but I really love my calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment